Facilities and Parks
The mission of the Facilities and Parks Department is to sustain the responsibility to protect Sumter County's assets by performing preventative as well as scheduled maintenance, applying strategic resource management practices to minimize costs while providing a safe, healthy environment for customers and employees of Sumter County as well as to provide a quality park system while preserving the County's natural environment for the enjoyment of current and future citizens. We are committed to fulfilling our mission through visionary leadership, dedication, and the responsible use of available resources.
It is the responsibility of the Parks Department to:
- Maintain all grounds and landscaping in County-maintained parks which includes:
- Clean and maintain public restrooms and community buildings associated with the County's parks
- Maintain all baseball, softball, and multi-purpose fields that are in the County's parks
- Maintain all County owned park playground equipment to meet safety standards as set forth by the American Society for Testing Materials (ASTM)
- Maintain approximately 121 buildings and structures to include the courthouse, government offices, fire stations, community centers, libraries, animal control, which includes county owned office buildings, rentals, leases, and warehouses.
Customer Satisfaction Survey
Sumter County Parks Department is committed to providing the highest level of service to its customers. In order to assess customer satisfaction, please take a moment to complete our online customer satisfaction survey.