The Purchasing Division follows the BOCC approved Purchasing Policy and operates in accordance with applicable Florida Statutes and state and federal laws. The BOCC's supplier selection and evaluation processes are considerably detailed and the purchase amount will generally determine the procedures to ensure fair, competitive, and cost effective purchase selection. The purchase amount levels are explained below.
Sumter County Purchasing Policies
citizens. There are three types of formal solicitations:
- Invitation to Bid (ITB) is used when the contractual services are specially defined in the scope of work and precise specifications are established.
- Request for Proposal (RFP) is used when the contractual services are not specifically defined in the scope of work and the qualified vendor needs to submit a proposal which meets the specifications.
- Request for Qualifications (RFQ) is used to put emphasis on the actual qualifications, rather than how well the potential contractor responds to detailed project specifications and requirements.
Formal Solicitation Protest Procedures
Any bidder opposed to a recommended decision on any formal solicitation award must file in accordance with the process stated within the formal solicitation document, a written notice of intent to file a protest, within seventy-two (72) hours (excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and legal holidays), after the posting of the formal solicitation tabulation. The initial notice of protest shall clearly state the facts and laws upon which the protest is being based. Failure to state the basis of the protest shall be just cause for the protest to be rejected according to the formal solicitation protest procedure.
Following the filing of the notice of intent to file a protest, the bidder must submit a written formal solicitation protest within five (5) Sumter County workdays.
The formal written protest shall contain the following:
- BOCC's formal solicitation number and description as advertised.
- Name and address of company or person filing the protest.
- A clear statement of the grounds for the protest (applicable statutes, ordinances, laws, etc.).
- Specifically request the relief to which the protestant deems itself entitled.
The Purchasing Agent will review the formal solicitation protest, evaluate the facts, and attempt to resolve the protest in a manner that addresses the interests of all parties.
In the event the formal solicitation protest cannot be resolved, the Purchasing Agent will present the protest to the BOCC with a recommendation for resolution of the protest. The formal solicitation protester will be notified in writing of the final findings.
All formal solicitations (information to bidders section) shall contain the following statement:
"Any bidder affected adversely by an intended decision with respect to the award of any formal solicitation, shall file with Purchasing for the BOCC, a written notice of intent to file a protest not later than seventy-two (72) hours (excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and legal holidays), after the posting of the bid tabulation.”
The below listed products or services may be a "single source" (only ONE source in which to purchase the product or service).
If you believe you have "like" products or services, please contact the Purchasing Division. "Like" shall mean equivalent, and/or identical.
The description of commodities or contractual services intended for purchase from a single/sole source is posted in accordance with Section 287.057(3)(c), Florida Statutes and will remain posted for a period of seven (7) business days.
- Purchasing Policies and Procedures Exhibit B - General Operating Supplies Request Form (9.13.16)
- Purchasing Policies and Procedures Exhibit E - Purchase Order Change Order Request Form (9.13.16)
- Purchasing Policies and Procedures Exhibit G - Competitive Negotiation Waiver Request (9.13.16)
- Purchasing Policies and Procedures Exhibit K - Funding for Micellaneous Expenses Request (9.13.16)
- Purchasing Policies and Procedures Exhibit P - Fleet Fuel Account Request Form (9.13.16)
Sole Source End: November 27, 2017. Read on...
Sole Source End: November 20, 2017. Read on...